Today i will give you the method to make a website for free. No technical knowledge required.
1. Free Domain: Domain is a name or identity of your website like every people have a name, similarly your website name on web is referred as domain name. So, you have to first put a domain name for your website for free. There are many domain service providers which gives you a free domain.
Here is the list:
- www.co.cc: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.co.cc”
- www.110mb.com/: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.110mb.com”
- www.dot.tk: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.tk”
- www.chi.mp: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.mp”
- www.co.nr: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.co.nr”
- www.registry.cx.cc: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.cx.cc”
- www.registry.vv.cc: They provide totally free domain service like “www.“yourdomainname.vv.cc
- www.registry.gv.vg: They provide totally free domain service like “www.yourdomainname.gv.vg”
- www.gettingbusinessonline.com.au: They provide Free domain for two years (www.yourdomainname.com.au) for Australian Small Business.
Now choose whatever domain extension you want for free from above list.
2. Free Web hosting space: Web hosting space is a web space where your website will be host. All data like pictures, movies, text files, web pages, etc need web space. There are many free web hosting service providers. But some web host will put their advertisement on your website forcefully or other might not, some host provide free web space and in return, you have post in their community forum.
Here is the list of good free web space providers:
- www.000webhost.com: 000webhost.com ($0.00 webhost), is an industry leader in providing top class free web hosting services without advertising! There are no hidden costs, no adverts, and no restrictive terms. Lighting fast speeds, maximum reliability and fanatical user support are just a few of the features you’ll receive with our service.
- www.hdfree.in: They are new in industry, so sure about their features but they say they provide free web space without adds.
Take a look at their terms and faq: http://www.hdfree.in/frequently-asked-questions.php
Choose your free web host from above. After choosing domain and web host, signup at respective website and create your free account.
Once your free domain and free web host account created, you have to do a very important thing.
Go to your free domain provider website and login to your account and edit domain name servers (DNS) names. Copy and paste two DNS names provided by your free web host into the dns records of your free domain providers.
DNS names looks like this:
By doing this, you are linking your domain name with your web host provider. After doing this you do not need to visit your free domain provider again.
Now, you can check your domain name by typing in your web browser www.yourdomain.co.cc (In example i assumed co.cc extension), if a blank page opens, it means your free website is now ready! If not, then wait for atleast 48 hours till dns records updates.
Blogging: Once your website is ready, you can install either wordpress.org blog or other blogs that are free to use. They are easy to install and no technical knowledge required.
Famous blogging softwares or platforms:
WordPress is the most famous and widely-used blogging platform. It features a very intuitive web-based installer so anyone from skill level novice to expert can quickly install the software without any hiccups.
The WordPress community is a major asset to the blogging software. It has one of the largest and most passionate communities of developers and users, so one could find just about any theme or plugin imaginable. The possibilities for extending the software are endless, and many web sites and services have used the WordPress code base to build entirely different applications. WordPress also features integration with Akismet, one of the most effective spam protection systems for blogging software.
2. Movable Type:
While WordPress is the most widely-adopted blogging platform, Movable Type has the most prolific installs of high-traffic blogs. Their high-profile installs include (and certainly aren’t limited to) Huffington Post (the most popular blog on the Web), Gawker blogs (Lifehacker, Gizmodo, etc.), BoingBoing and dooce.
ExpressionEngine is a very robust blogging platform, but isn’t free. The best feature about ExpressionEngine is the feature to publish multiple websites, either using different subdomains on a single domain, or across multiple domains.
You could use one code base to power multiple sites across multiple domains. The software features an extremely clean and simple backend that shouldn’t confuse the blogger. Designers and developers love ExpressionEngine for the fact that it’s quite easy to hand over a site and have the client update his own blog. It’s a solid all-in-one package.
Drupal isn’t your typical blogging software. While it has an incredible community behind the code and many blogs use it for blogging software, it’s not just blogging software. Drupal is community software.
Drupal really shines as blog software for a blogging community. Performancing is a great example of using Drupal as a community of blogs. Whether you are wanting to power one blog to a 100, Drupal is an excellent choice.
Textpattern is a much simpler blogging platform than any of the above mentioned software. It isn’t even packaged with a WYSIWYG editor, and instead relies on the Textile markup language to format the text.
Textpattern is very similar to ExpressionEngine, except without many of the features that ExpressionEngine provides out of the box. (You can read more about the differences between the two blog platforms.) While Textpattern is a stable, mature piece of software, it’s not the top choice for beginners, as they have to learn the Textile language or write posts in html. If they’re wanting to have a WYSIWYG editor, they’ll have to install the plugin, as it’s not provided by default.
Joomla is a CMS that is similar to the community-friendly Drupal, and gaining traction every day. While Drupal is geared more towards developing community-flavored sites and blogs, Joomla seems to be geared more towards ecommerce (you can read more about the comparison between Joomla and Drupal here).
b2evolution is another blogging platform that allows for a single installation of a blog, or a whole network of blogs, right out of the box. b2 probably has the weakest developer community behind it, with only a 200+ plugins (compared to Joomla’s 3,400+).
While the b2 developer community may not be very large, it has a very promising code base and many people still use b2evolution to power their blogs and blogger communities.
8. Nucleus CMS:
Nucleus is yet another single or multi-blog/multi-author blogging software package. It is fairly comparable to b2evolution in terms of features and development community, and has a list of fairly extensive and useful plugins and themes that can be added to customize any installation.
Serendipity takes pride in the fact that it is a beginner-friendly blogging platform. Serendipity keeps your plugins up-to-date by automatically checking the plugin repository online and downloading the updated version if needed from a fairly extensive library of user-contributed plugins. The software also features nested and threaded commenting, which many blog platforms don’t support without a plugin of some sort.
Up until this point, we haven’t even mentioned any blog software that runs on any other language other than PHP. Mephisto blogging software is blogging software built on Rails. Mephisto offers a very clean look to the backend, and has an intuitive feel to it. You can control every aspect of the look of Mephisto with the built-in template editor, without the help of FTP clients.
If you like to install a forum, here is the free forum softwares:
If you have any question or need help, please leave your reply.